Pathfinder Insurance Training
if you do not pass your examination on the first try, we recommend the following:
1: If you were within five points of the passing score, listen to the Pathfinder audio CDs continuously, and review the chapters that caused you the most problems (as determined by your score report). If you have not already done so, go to the Pathfinder website and take the online flashcards. If test anxiety is a problem, order a copy of the Pathfinder Freaky Test-Taker CD and listen to it three times. By following these recommendations, you should be able to retake your examination and pass with no problem.
2. If you were within 10 points of the passing score, we recommend that you attend at least a portion of another Pathfinder classroom review session. Remember, you can attend another review session free of charge, if you come back within six months.
If you did not pass the L&H exam, you might also consider purchasing aPathfinder Advantage CD-ROM which is an extensive five hour review of the L&H course. The Advantage also contains hundreds of new quiz questions with answers and explanations.
3. If you missed a passing score by more than 10 points, we strongly encourage you to return for another review session, because making up more than 10 percentage points by studying on your own is extremely difficult!
4. If you have failed the exam twice, and you have followed all of the steps as indicated in #1 through #3 above, please call Pathfinder at 317-872-1100 to schedule an appointment with one of our instructors. There may be a fundamental flaw in your test taking strategy that we can resolve. After all, we have helped over 300,000 people pass examinations on a national basis. Unless you are incredibly unique, Pathfinder has the answers.
5. What happens if I pass my exam ? Go out to start your new career path and please come back to Pathfinder for the best continuing education courses in the country!
The passing score is 70%.
There are two critical items that you must take to the test site:
1. Your Certificate of Completion (the name on your Certificate of Completion must exactly match the name on your photo ID). If you have additional questions about the Certificate of Completion you can find additional information in Certificate of Completion FAQs category.
2. Your photo ID, which could be an Indiana drivers license, or any US drivers license with your photograph on it, a current passport, which contains your photograph, or similar official state or federal photo identification.
Do not take anything else: No watches, purses, wallets, handbags, or cell phones! Leave all that stuff at home, or in your automobile. If you do bring it in with you, the Proctor will ask you to lock it up in a secure locker during your test. And please dress in layers, as some of the testing facilities are cool, and some of them are warm, depending on the season. But no hooded sweatshirts.
At least 20 minutes prior to your test time. There are very few people going to the Ivy Tech high-stakes testing centers, so there is no large group of people all starting the test at the same time. Therefore, you can show up quite early if you wish. In that way you control the timing which is good for your mental health. I would suggest that you arrive 30 or 40 minutes early, go to the bathroom as needed, because for security reasons there are no bathroom breaks allowed during your examination (except in emergencies), and report to the Proctor when you feel comfortable, and at least 20 minutes before your scheduled time. Putting you in control is an essential element to your examining success.
If you are a good test-taker, and you have done 12-20 hours pre-study before attending the class, the day following your class is optimum. If you have not been able to do the pre-study, then we recommend that you take a day or two to continue your studies, and then take the exam no later than the third day.
Indiana insurance license examinations are administered at 43 locations all around the state, as well as Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio.