Pathfinder has been actively involved with the Indiana Department of Insurance in the preparation of the Indiana insurance examination and a copy of the test content outline is contained in the back of Pathfinder State Law Digest & Workbook for your review. So there is a full disclosure regarding what will be on your exam, and your classroom.
Onlinebacker is used for preparation, and fulfills the pre-license training requirement, to allow you to take the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) license exam for a Life & Health, Life Only or Health Only producer license.
This course may be perfect for you if:
1. You have had a Life and Health license in the past that has lapsed, and you are now studying to reinstate your license or;
2. You are excellent test-taker who does not suffer from test anxiety, or
3. You have prior experience in the insurance industry, but you have never obtained you L&H insurance license, and/or you have a licensed L&H agent who will mentor you through a self-paced, self-study, online pre-licensing training course and
4. You are highly motivated self starting individual who can concentrate for long periods of time without interruption and
5. Understand that the goal of obtaining an insurance license in Indiana is not very easy task. There are hours and hours of principles that have to be mastered prior to attempting the state license exam.
While online training courses appear to be the most cost-effective way to prepare for your examination, in reality it is not! The pass ratios for online training are approximately 1/2 of the pass ratios for people attending Pathfinder class sessions. Therefore, a huge amount of time and money is invested in online courses that essentially wasted for three quarters of the applicants, When you combine the time spent preparing for the exam online, plus the testing fees for taking the exam multiple times, plus the lost time at work, the online/ self-study solution is clearly not the most economically efficient way to obtain an insurance license. In addition, many students never do pass the examination through the online process, and they give up on greater career that could have been very profitable and rewarding.
Pathfinder Insurance Training
2. You must schedule yourself for the examination. The examinations are administered at 26 Ivy Tech locations throughout Indiana. See License Exam FAQs for further details.
3. You must pass your examination which is reasonably easy if you attend a Pathfinder pre-licensing classroom session.
4. You must apply for an insurance license. See Indiana Insurance License FAQs for details.
About the only distractions that bother our instructors are students talking to each other during class and students that are texting or online during class.
In Ft. Wayne, were we hold three-day classes, instruction will start Wednesday morning at 7:45 AM, and end no later than 5:45 PM each day. On Friday, class will be over by 4:40 PM. The length of the class day greatly depends upon the rate the class can move through the material.
We suggest that you listen to the two audio CDs at least two or three times, scan through each chapter in the Pathfinder textbook (the thicker book), reading the section headers (the big bold print), and then read the Chapter Conclusions. If you are really adventurous, try taking some of the practice quiz questions in the Pathfinder State Law Digest & Workbook. Then come to class rested, ready to go to work, bring all of your course materials, and be ready to enjoy a fabulous learning experience! Not only will you pass your exam the first time, but you will enjoy the experience.
1. Pathfinder textbook- which covers all the basic licensing material, such as terms and definitions, policy types, etc;
2. Pathfinder State Law Digest & Workbook- Which contains Indiana insurance state laws and regulations, plus hundreds of practice test questions, answers and explanations.
3. Set of two audio CDs summarize the high points necessary to pass your exam. All of the Pathfinder materials have been approved by the Indiana Department of Insurance.